“The world looks to the priest, because it looks to Jesus! No one can see Christ; but everyone sees the priest, and through him they wish to catch a glimpse of the Lord! Immense is the grandeur of the Lord! Immense is the grandeur and dignity of the priest!” -Pope St. John Paul II
All guests who present themselves are to be welcomed as Christ, for he himself will say:
‘I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”
– The Rule of St. Benedict 53:1
St. William the Abbot School Community, grades Nursery-8th, is a school that is truly “Guided by Faith and Inspired to Excel.” We are dedicated to academic excellence and to the spiritual development of our students within the framework of the Gospel and the traditions of the Catholic Church.
Beginning Tuesday, January 19 the Rectory will have new hours. The Rectory will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM. If you need to come to the Rectory, please be aware that visitors will only be permitted in the Rectory Vestibule. Anyone entering the rectory must always wear a mask. To maintain social distancing, only one person will be admitted at a time. If someone is already in the vestibule you are asked to wait outside until they leave. Please ring the doorbell before you enter. You can also email any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is an emergency in which you need to contact a priest immediately, please call the Priest Emergency telephone - 516-312-7361.
Monday - Friday 8:30 am
Saturday 8:30 am & 5:00 pm
Sunday 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, & 12:00 pm
The 8:30 am daily Mass and the Sunday 12pm Mass
will also be a virtual live-streamed Mass on the stwilliam.org website.
Confessions are available in the Church-
Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 8:15 am
Saturday from 7:00 am - 8:15 am
• The church will remain open the days that there are no funerals scheduled.
• Due to the guidelines provided to us by the Diocese of Rockville Centre, all group meetings and Devotions on the SWA campus are on hold.
• Health Check – If you are not feeling well, have a cough or fever, or have been around someone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days, or have been diagnosed with Covid-19 Coronavirus. For the health and safety of yourself and our community, we ask that you stay home and not attend Mass.
• Please practice social distancing while on the church grounds, remain 6ft apart from other parishioners while entering the church, during Mass, and while exiting to your vehicles.
• Face Coverings - Must be worn at all times upon entering and leaving the Church. For your safety and others, please wear your mask properly covering your nose and mouth.
• The main church doors on Jackson Avenue will be the only entrances used for Mass.
• Kindly follow the seating directions of the Ushers, this will allow us to practice social distancing seating and maximize the pew space.
• To limit the areas in the church that are disinfected after each use, we ask that you stand or sit during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
For those parishioners that are not ready to attend Mass, "drive through" Communion is available each Sunday after the 12pm Mass in the rear parking lot of the church until 1:30pm.
Please consider continuing to support our parish during the
Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
Copyright © 2021 St William the Abbot Parish - All Rights Reserved.