“The world looks to the priest, because it looks to Jesus! No one can see Christ; but everyone sees the priest, and through him they wish to catch a glimpse of the Lord! Immense is the grandeur of the Lord! Immense is the grandeur and dignity of the priest!” -Pope St. John Paul II
All guests who present themselves are to be welcomed as Christ, for he himself will say:
‘I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”
– The Rule of St. Benedict 53:1
St. William the Abbot School Community, grades Nursery-8th, is a school that is truly “Guided by Faith and Inspired to Excel.” We are dedicated to academic excellence and to the spiritual development of our students within the framework of the Gospel and the traditions of the Catholic Church.
The Church will be open for private prayer Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM during Lent.
The Stations of the Cross will be live-streamed on
the parish website on
Friday, February 26
Friday, March 5, 12, and 19
Monday of Mercy (Confession)
Church – 7:00 – 8:00 PM
February 22 – for the parish
March 1 – Faith Formation Gr. 2 only
March 8 – Faith Formation Gr. 2 only
March 15 – for the parish
March 22 – for the parish
Finding Time for God in a Pandemic
Church – 7:00 PM
The Lenten Mission will be live-streamed on the parish website stwilliam.org
Tuesday, March 2 –
Msgr. Charles Fink - Spiritual Warfare
Tuesday, March 9 –
Fr. Lachlan Cameron -
The Tender Heart of the Father
Tuesday, March 16 -
Mass - ‘Take up your mat and walk.’ - John 5:11
Join Fr. James Hansen on Wednesday’s and a special guest each week.
The Rectory will be open
Monday through Friday - 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Saturday - 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday - 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
If you need to come to the Rectory, please be aware that visitors will only be permitted in the Rectory Vestibule. Anyone entering the rectory must always wear a mask. To maintain social distancing, only one person will be admitted at a time. If someone is already in the vestibule you are asked to wait outside until they leave. Please ring the doorbell before you enter. You can also email any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is an emergency in which you need to contact a priest immediately, please call the Priest Emergency telephone - 516-312-7361.
Monday - Friday 8:30 am
Saturday 8:30 am & 5:00 pm
Sunday 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, & 12:00 pm
The 8:30 am daily Mass, Saturday 5pm Mass, and the Sunday 12pm Mass
will also be a virtual live-streamed Mass on the stwilliam.org website.
Confessions are available in the Church-
Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 8:15 am
Saturday from 7:00 am - 8:15 am
• The church will remain open the days that there are no funerals scheduled.
• Due to the guidelines provided to us by the Diocese of Rockville Centre, all group meetings and Devotions on the SWA campus are on hold.
• Health Check – If you are not feeling well, have a cough or fever, or have been around someone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days, or have been diagnosed with Covid-19 Coronavirus. For the health and safety of yourself and our community, we ask that you stay home and not attend Mass.
• Please practice social distancing while on the church grounds, remain 6ft apart from other parishioners while entering the church, during Mass, and while exiting to your vehicles.
• Face Coverings - Must be worn at all times upon entering and leaving the Church. For your safety and others, please wear your mask properly covering your nose and mouth.
• The main church doors on Jackson Avenue will be the only entrances used for Mass.
• Kindly follow the seating directions of the Ushers, this will allow us to practice social distancing seating and maximize the pew space.
• To limit the areas in the church that are disinfected after each use, we ask that you stand or sit during the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
For those parishioners that are not ready to attend Mass, "drive through" Communion is available each Sunday after the 12pm Mass in the rear parking lot of the church until 1:30pm.
Please consider continuing to support our parish during the
Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
Copyright © 2021 St William the Abbot Parish - All Rights Reserved.
St. William's still needs your support. The Church was closed for over 15 weeks and all fundraising programs and efforts ceased and will continue to be suspended. Further, since March our Parish has experienced a steep and steady increase in expenses due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Expenses associated with cleaning and sanitizing services and maintenance supplies (PPE etc.) have significantly increased and will continue for the foreseeable future. Help St. William the Abbot continue its ministry, especially the live video stream of Masses, by making a gift today.